Discover the Story of your Organization
Determine which stories are alive in your company
Storytelling is booming business. “If you can tell a story, you can create a world”, is often been said. But….
Storytelling is not a tool you can or has to learn. We are all storytelling human creators. We live stories, instead of creating them.
In your organization your corporate story, your vision and mission are very important. These ‘stories’ show the core message and core values you want to express. They seem to determine the direction for the future.
Underneath these official documents of the surface current in your company, there are a lot of other stories living:
- Stories your customers tell about your customer service.
- Stories your employees tell about your employership.
- Stories being told at the coffee corner about what is ‘really’ going on in the under current of the organization.
- Stories that ‘prove’ that the corporate values are adhered to, but also…
- The counter stories and alternative stories that ‘prove’ the opposite.
- And…. the untold and unshared stories that are active in your company. The stories everyone knows, but that aren’t openly talked about.
All these stories together are more powerful than the ones in the surface current.
If the stories in the surface current aren’t matching the ones in the under current, your organization (or at least parts of it) will be like an unmanageable ship.
Narrative organizational management is